The Kenya Rugby Union (KRU) has confirmed the appointments of a new board following the recently concluded elections.
The appointments come as the Union seeks to revamp and develop rugby in the country.
Kenya Rugby Union board composition
Alexander Mutai will is the new Chairman of the board. Mutai is a renowned rugby administrator and has previously served as the KRU Vice Chairman. He is expected to provide strong leadership to the board and help steer the Union to greater heights.
Moses Ndale will serve as the vice Chairman and Head of Tournaments. Former Kabras RFC chairman Raymond Olendo is the Honorary Secretary will also serve as the Head of Legal and Media.
Dr. Joshua Aroni continues to serve as the Treasurer and he is expected to provide financial oversight to the Union and help ensure that its finances are managed prudently.
Other appointments to the board include MMUST Chairman Ochieng Ahaya who has landed the role of Director of Development.
Harriet Okatch is the Director of Commercial Services while former Kenya 7s skipper Humphrey Kayange has been appointed as the Director of National Squads for the Shujaa team.
Moses Mukabane is the Director of National Squads for the Simbas team, and John Kilonzo as the Director of Women’s Rugby.
Kenya Rugby board appointments:
- Chairman: Alexander Mutai
- Vice Chairman & Head of Tournaments: Moses Ndale
- Hon. Secretary & Head of Legal and Media: Raymond Olendo
- Hon. Treasurer: Dr. Joshua Aroni
- Development: Ochieng Ahaya
- Commercial Services: Harriet Okatch
- National Squads, Shujaa: Humphrey Kayange
- National Squads, Simbas: Moses Mukabane
- Women’s Rugby: John Kilonzo