Uganda have named 12 players to represent the country in the 2023 Rugby Africa 7s Women’s Cup in Tunisia.
The team will comprise of a single player picked from Lady Pacers, four from Thunderbirds, four from Black Pearls and three from Avengers. Peace Lekuru, Gloria Ayot, Yvnonne Najjuma and Ritta Nadunga are part of the squad.
The tournament which is scheduled to commence on the 14 October and will culminate on Sunday 15 October. The squad’s first game is against Tunisia on the 14 October in their bid to secure a chance to qualify for the 2024 Olympics games in Paris, France.
In the Africa Women’s 7s tournament, Kenya Lionesses find themselves in a competitive Pool B alongside 2022 silver medalists Madagascar, Zambia, and Ghana. Pool A consists of South Africa, Tunisia, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
The Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Cup returns to Tunisia for the third consecutive time, with a single ticket to the 2024 Paris Olympics at stake.
Africa 7s Pool
- Pool A: South Africa, Tunisia, Uganda, Zimbabwe.
- Pool B: Madagascar, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana.
Lady Cranes Squad
1. Nakuya Agnes (Thunderbirds)
2. Auma Grace (Black Pearls)
3. Namabiiro Lydia (Black Pearls)
4. Lekuru Peace (Avengers)
5. Kirabo Sarah (Avengers)
6. Najjuma Yvonne (Thunderbirds)
7. Ayot Mary Gloria (Thunderbirds)
8. Nassozi Maimunah (Avengers)
9. Amoli Lona Sandra (Thunderbirds)
10. Nadunga Rittah (Black Pearls)
11. Nabaggala Grace (Lady Pacers)
12. Mufuwa Rachel (Black Pearls)