KCB Rugby bagged the seventh straight win in Kenya Cup beating Strathmore Leos in 33-18 Jerry Olola Di Baddest Cup match played at KCB Sports Club on Saturday.
The Bankers, fresh off a dominant 80-10 victory over Mwamba, aimed to secure another win and maintain their lead over Menengai Oilers and Kabras. Their opponents Strathmore on the other hand had not started the season strongly but had recently earned a convincing win against Catholic Monks.
In the match which was also used to honor departed Jerry Olola , KCB, the league leaders, began by scoring the first points with a seven-pointer. They then extended their lead when Darwin Mukidza scored a try and successfully converted it for a 14-0 advantage.
Strathmore responded by scoring their first try of the match through Brunson Madigu, narrowing the gap to nine points. The score remained unchanged as the teams headed into halftime.
- Follow the Scrummage Africa on Facebook
- Why Collins Injera is GOAT
- Lawrence Buyachi retires
- Kenya 7s squad for Hamilton 7s
- Kenya Cup transfers
Louis Kisia’s halftime talk seemed to have had a positive effect as Strathmore returned to the field with renewed energy, taking the lead in the match. They achieved this through two consecutive penalties by Madigu, and later, a converted try that brought the score to 18-14 in their favor.
KCB Rugby vs Strathmore Leos squad;
1. Patrick Ouko 2. Wilfred Waswa 3. Curtis Lilako 4. Elvis Olukusi 5. Emanuel Silungi 6. Andrew Amonde 7. Felix Ojoo 8. Peter Waitere 9. Samuel Asati 10. Johnstone Olindi 11. Jacob Ojee 12. Esau Otieno 13. Bob Muhati 14. Michael Kimwele 15. Darwin Mukidza
16. James Ochieng 17. Thomas Okidia 18. Derrick Juma 19. Davis Chenge 20. Martin Owilla 21. Brian Wahinya 22. Shaban Ahmed 23. Isaac Njoroge