Kenya Harlequin, KCB Rugby, Kabras RFC and Strathmore Leos have booked their places in Dala 7s Cup quarters after winning their respective second round of games in the ongoing Dala 7s at Jomo Kenyatta Stadium, Kisumu.
Nakuru registered their first win after they edged Catholic Monks 19-7 The win blew the pool wide open. Nakuru had earlier on made a comeback to salvage a 14-14 draw against Nondies.
Menengai Oilers recorded their second win as they defeated Nondies 22-7. Davis Nyaundi, Beldad Ogeta, John Okoth and Clinton Odhiambo were on target for the Nakuru-based men.
Pool A is still open and teams will confirm their cup quarters status after the third round of games.
Kenya Harlequins extended their fine form in Dala 7s after they registered their second win, seeing off Mombasa 17-5 to qualify for cup quarters. Mombasa had earlier on done well to hold Quins as they went for the breather at a 5-5 draw.
KCB too booked their place in cup quarters after defeating Masinde Muliro 22-7. Kenyan Internationals Vincent Onyala, Levy Amunga and Jacob Ojee went over for the bankers in the win.
Kenya Harlequin and KCB will play in the final match of the pool to decide who tops the pool.
In pool C, Kabras and Strathmore have booked their places in cup quarters after winning their respective games.
Kabras were too strong for the hosts Kisumu edging them 27-5. Kenya 7s star, Kevin Wekesa, Lameck Ambetsa, Paul Abuto and Patrick Lumumba crossed the whitewash for the sugarmen in a match that they came from behind to win.
Strathmore on the other hand defeated Daystar Falcons 22-7. Kabras and Strathmore will face off in the pool C decider.
Mwamba RFC booked their place at the cup quarters after they won their second game 29-10 against Makueni. Defending Champions Homeboyz gave also qualified for the quarters
They will battle in the in final match which will decides who wins the pool.
Dala 7s Order of Play
1. 0920 Menengai Oilers 19-14 Catholic Monks
2. 0940 Nakuru 14-14 Nondescripts
3. 1000 KCB 36-0 Mombasa
4. 1020 Kenya Harlequin 21-17 Masinde Muliro
5. 1040 Strathmore Leos 17-5 Kisumu
6. 1100 Kabras Sugar 21-19 Daystar Falcons
7. 1120 Homeboyz 12-10 Makueni
8. 1140 Mwamba 12-7 Western Bulls
9. 1210 Menengai OIlers 22-7 Nondescripts
10 .1230 Nakuru 19-7 Monks
11 .1250 KCB 22-7 Masinde Muliro
12 .1310 Kenya Harlequins 17-5 Mombasa
13 .1330 Strathmore Leos 22-7 Daystar Falcons
14 .1350 Kabras Sugar 27-5 Kisumu
15. 1410 Homeboyz 36-12 Western Buls
16 .1430 Mwamba 29-10 Makueni
17. 1500 Nondescripts vs Catholic Monks
18. 1520 Masinde Muliro vs Mombasa
19. 1540 Daystar Falcons vs Kisumu
20. 1600 Western Bulls vs Makueni
21. 1620 Menengai Oilers vs Nakuru
22. 1640 KCB vs Kenya Harlequin
23. 1700 Strathmore Leos vs Kabras Sugar
24. 1720 Homeboyz vs Mwamba